Longhorn Council Employment Opportunities
Now Hiring Customer Experience Representative
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum experience: 1+ years of front-facing customer service interaction.
Longhorn Council is seeking YOU! If you are a friendly voice that enjoys helping people get the information they need, then you might be the one we are looking for. We are looking for a detail- oriented problem solver who wants to be part of an organization that works hard to make the future brighter for families and communities. This is a full-time position and benefits are available!
Multi-tasking skills are a must as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft products, good typing (+45 wpm,) and an eagerness to learn new skills are a plus!
Are you the one we need? Please let us know!
Email Resume, References, Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Program Executive, Longhorn Council
Job Type: Full Time
The Longhorn Council Program Executive will join a team that provides leadership to the achievement of the Council’s philosophy, mission, and strategy through program excellence. The Program Executive will work closely with volunteers and other professionals and will be actively involved in the safe and effective delivery of meaningful programs for youth and their families.
- Acts as the operations manager for various constituent groups and programs for Council.
- Plans and implements activities that serve a diverse population of youth and families such as camps and weekend events on Council properties with Volunteer leaders engaged in the success of the effort.
- Actively seeks and develops new opportunities for youth engagement within the communities we serve.
- Uses critical thinking, diplomacy, and fiscal management to support and improve opportunities for adults and youth within the Longhorn Council and future members.
- Works in partnership with property managers, rangers, to enable smooth volunteer or customer experience at properties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, small group leadership.
- Experience with non-profit or program management is a strong plus.
- Research skills that lead to an understanding of potential opportunities for youth.
- Sales skills that lead to developing new community partnerships that enhance youth development programs.
- Outdoor activity skills that enhance understanding of effective outdoor program for youth is highly desirable.
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly desirable, though not required for the successful candidate.
- Comfortable using work products such as Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scouts of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must be 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. (Transcript with the date the degree conferred is required to finalize employment.)
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to work remotely, when necessary, using personal motivation to achieve objectives without direct supervision.
The Longhorn Council is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive salary and a complete health and wellness benefit package, Longhorn Council also offers paid vacation and leave.
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with references to [email protected]. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.