Longhorn Council – 2023 Charter Renewal Update
- Internet Recharter Unit Letter 2022-23
- Unit Recharter Training PowerPoint Slides 2022-2023
- Internet Recharter 2.0 User Guide
- Internet Recharter 2.0 FAQ
- Internet Recharter 2.0 Website
Steps to follow when processing your recharter: NOTE: All recharters must be complete by Dec. 31, 2022
Ensure that the currently registered unit Key 3 leaders are correct in My.Scouting so they can e-approve member and charter renewals. This is essential and must be done as soon as possible since changes at this step can delay the subsequent steps.
- Check that all youth and adults are currently registered with the unit roster in my.scouting.org.
- Complete and approve the on-line Unit Recharter process. This can be found by logging into Internet Advancement 2.0 and clicking on Recharter – Internet Recharter Log In
- Pay the 2023 BSA Registration fees and the Council Fees online through the Internet Recharter site. The preferred method to pay the recharter and council fee is via e-check or Credit Card (fees may apply).
- Applications for any new adults must be uploaded into the charter renewal as well as their Youth Protection Training Certificate and Criminal Background Check Authorization. This includes any adult who is moving from a Tiger parent or Lion parent into a leadership position and those who have turned 18 and are moving from a youth position to an Assistant Scoutmaster position or that is being entered as a UP, VP or EP (Unit Participant, Venturing Participant or Exploring Participant). You will need to enter any adult who is on the charter as an AP or LP and moving into a leadership position or a youth moving into a new leader position or into a UP/VP or EP as New Adult and upload all required documents.
- Applications for any new youth must be uploaded into the charter renewal.
- Confirm that all required information has been completed on the adult and youth applications before uploading the documents.
- Note: A unit’s rechartering application cannot be approved by the National Service Center until all steps are complete.
All Longhorn Council units are now aligned to a December Charter Renewal Cycle.
YOUTH PROTECTION POLICY
Youth Protection Training is required for each adult on the unit charter, and all adults registered in Scouting in the Longhorn Council. All adults must have record of current YPT certification through the end of 2023. Every new Adult Application must include a Youth Protection Training certificate. Please make sure all adults have valid YPT certification.
You will not be able to complete your charter renewal if any registered adult has a YPT certificate that is set to expire during 2023. Training can be completed online through https://my.scouting.org.
Membership Fees Effective Aug. 1, 2022
AUTHORIZATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is committed first and foremost to keeping youth safe. Part of that commitment includes continually updating our youth protection policies to help ensure we are always on the forefront of youth safety. For 2023, all registered adults must have a signed “Additional Disclosures & Background Check Authorization” form on file at Longhorn Council. If you do not have a form on file or if you are unsure if you have, please provide a copy of the Authorization for every adult leader when you submit your Charter Renewal Paperwork. We are truly grateful for your continued commitment to keeping youth safe and for helping them learn, grow, and thrive through Scouting programs.