***Posted, Monday, March 23, 2020***
With the best interest of our Scouting Community and their well-being and safety in mind, the Longhorn Council business offices (Hurst & Waco) and all Scout Shops are closed through April 5th as we closely monitor Covid-19.
The Longhorn Council professional staff are still available via email and/or phone.
For updates on when we will re-open, please visit https://www.longhorncouncil.org/news/
Weekend Camping is a fun way to accomplish the goals of your unit’s program and to spend quality time with fellow scouts, friends or family. Within the Longhorn Council, there are a variety of camping opportunities for those looking to get away for the weekend. Whether you’re looking for some solitude from the life’s stresses, or want time to work on advancement, weekend camping can be the trick.
- Hills & Hollows. 25 acres near Denton.
- Sid Richardson Scout Ranch. SR2 is a 2500 acre summer camp on Lake Bridgeport.
- Camp Shuler. 50 wilderness acres near Lake Whitney.
- Camp Tahuaya. 165 acre summer camp near Belton.
- Worth Ranch. 800 acre summer camp in Palo Pinto.
To learn more about what we have to offer:
- Make a Weekend Camping Online Reservation – temporarily offline (use the PDF).
- PDF (paper) Application for Weekend Camping
- Directions Maps – How to get there
- Campsite Maps and Facility Info
- Application to join Campmaster Corps
Last Updated on by Victor Rivera
Weekend Camping General Information
General camp information such as hours, facility details, and regulations.Learn More
Council Family Camping Policy
Know before you go. For more information about family camping policies, click below.Learn More
A conference and retreat center serving church retreats, family gatherings, Scouting groups, and corporate meetings since 1970.Learn More