October 18, 2019, by Victor Rivera
Trinity Trails IOLS & New BALOO Training November 23-24
When: November 23-24, 2019
Why: Because it will be FUN!! And, because “Every scout deserves a well-trained leader.”
Where: Camp Holland – Weatherford
How much: $30 (includes patch)
This is one of the required “classroom” courses for the Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters to be considered trained.
- IOLS is a hands-on training
- Focus will be on the skills needed for Scout through First Class.
- Experts in each field will be there to share their scout knowledge.
- No Adulting!!
- Food is SCRUMPTIOUS
But wait, there’s more.
- OPTIONAL Scoutmaster Specific course the night before on November 22 so you can get FULLY trained all in ONE weekend! And, you are only required to take this course ONCE! Unless, you want to come back and be on staff!!
- OPTIONAL courses available after IOLS is completed such as Safe Swim, Safety Afloat, Trek Safely, Climb -On Safely, etc. (email me if you have a request)
So, come one, come all and get that coveted “trained” patch to put on your uniform!!
I hope to see you in November or if you can’t make our course, look on the council website and find one that fits your schedule and get trained.
I promise you will have a good time and learn something worthwhile.
Please email if you have any questions.
Trinity Trails Training Chair
Register here: https://scoutingevent.com/662-TT31_IOLS
New BALOO Training
For All Cub Scout Leaders
November 23 – 24, 2019
Camp Holland – Weatherford
How much: $30 (We will feed you!)
Every Pack should have at least 2 Baloo trained leaders!
Who Should Attend: Any adult involved in Cub Scouts with a desire to plan and carry out an entry level outdoor experience for their Pack. Each Cub Scout camping must be under the direction of a BALOO trained adult.
- Schedule: Optional training Friday night with meet and greet. Course starts 8am Saturday to Noon on Sunday.
- To receive BALOO training certificate, you need: BSA Member ID, online BALOO Prerequisite course PLUS YPT and the Hazardous weather online training.
- Please email or bring your printed certificate of completion to this course.
- If you would just like to gain the knowledge and attend this course without certification you do not have to be a registered leader, but you should have YPT.
- Overnight Camping Details: Participants should bring Medical forms A and B, personal camping gear, including tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, closed toe shoes, rain gear, extra clothing, camp chair, flashlight, personal hygiene, medications, water bottle, mug.
- Meals provided: Saturday lunch, dinner, cracker barrel, Sunday breakfast and refreshments.
- Course Details: If you are a registered leader, please wear your Scout Leader uniform. Be prepared to have FUN. You will be part of a Den, sing songs, plan skits, learn to cook, camp, tie knots, flag etiquette, plan campfires and outdoor ceremonies.
NOTE: BALOO and OWL have been COMBINED into one course, now just called BALOO. This includes an overnight campout and covers training for Cub Leaders and Webelos Leaders.
Trinity Trails Training Chair
Register here: https://scoutingevent.com/662-TT31_BALOO_2
Comments are closed.