National Youth Leadership Training – Twin Arrows
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
It brings together youth leaders from all over the council to learn and apply the skills they need to be effective leaders in their teams and units.
This course draws upon the most current leadership models used by corporate America, academic circles, and successful outdoor leadership organizations throughout the country. This exciting and fast-paced training discusses team development and appropriate leadership strategies to enable teams and units to reach their highest performance level. Come experience the ultimate in youth leadership training.
Hear from Scouts who have attended NYLT-Twin Arrows
2019 Participant Requirements (New!)
If you are attending as a Scouts BSA youth, you must:
- Be a registered member of a Scout Troop for a period of 6 months prior to the start of the course
- Have earned your 1st Class Rank by the start of the course,(for 2019 only, an exception will be granted for girls in Scouts BSA to attend NYLT without first achieving the First Class Rank)
- Be 14 years of age, or 13 and completed the 8th grade, by the first day of the course and have not yet reached your 18th birthday by the last day of the course.
- Have your Scoutmaster’s approval signature, questions initialed and your Parent/Guardian’s approval.
- Be capable of functioning safely and being self reliant in an outdoor environment
- Have completed ILST (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops)
- Have parts A and B of the BSA Medical Form submitted with your application, and have part C submitted to the CourseDirector no less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course
If you are attending as a Venturer, you must:
- Be registered with a Venture crew for a period of 6 months prior to the start of the course.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of and agree to live by the Scout Oath, Scout Law, and the Outdoor Code. You must also be able to demonstrate that you can repeat from memory, the Scout Oath.
- Be 14 years of age by the first day of the course and have not yet reached your 18th birthday by the last day of the course.
- Have your Crew Advisor’s approval signature and questions initialed.
- Be capable of functioning safely and being self reliant in an outdoor living environment.
- Have completed Crew Officer Orientation and ILSC (Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews)
- Have parts A and B of the BSA Medical Form submitted with your application, and have part C submitted to the Course Director no less than 72 hours prior to the start of the course
A maximum of 5 Scouts from the same unit may attend the same NYLT course. In the case when a Scout is dual registered (in both a Scout Troop and in a Venture Crew), the primary registration will be considered.
SR2 Dedication Brick Fundraiser
The Sid Richardson Dedication Brick Fundraiser was designed to raise funds to replace all the Patrol Table Tarps at Camp 10 “Gilwell” with permanent shelters that blend with the architecture of the camp. Tables were placed in the center of each new Patrol Shelter. We are offering the Scouters of Longhorn Council an opportunity to purchase and engrave one or more of the “Dedication” bricks that ring each table. Click here to see the Brick Project or to Buy a Brick.
- The Youth Training Continuum (a guide for youth and parents)
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (a guide to be used by Scoutmasters and SPLs for troop level leadership training)
- Crew Officer Orientation (online training video)
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews (a guide to be used by Crew Advisors and Crew Presidents for crew level leadership training)
Twin Arrows Staff Applications:
2018 (TA209 – TA212)
2019 (TA213 – TA216)
Click here to EMAIL your questions about NYLT-Twin Arrows.