June 25, 2020, by Victor Rivera
Longhorn Council, BSA Everyday Preventive Measures against COVID-19 (masks required)
Important announcement, effective Friday, June 26, 2020
Longhorn Council, BSA Everyday Preventive Measures against COVID-19
Even with these important policies in place, it is critical that we all take these everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
• Effective June 26, 2020 a mask must be worn to enter the Council office buildings.
• Always maintain 6-foot social distancing.
• Common areas of the offices are cleaned and disinfected using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe several times each day.
• Stay home when you feel sick.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and wash your hands before and after doing so.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve/elbow, not your hands.
• Do not share personal items such as cups, water bottles, eating utensils, etc.
• Avoid shaking hands. A Scout salute or wave will suffice.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should isolate and not attend any Scouting events. People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
Comments are closed.