Longhorn Council Boy Scouts of America
1. Refund requests will only be considered if submitted via email to [email protected].
2. For council/district activities:
a. Any required deposits shall be non-refundable.
b. Refund of fees, outside of a deposit, will be processed on a sliding scale according to the following guidelines:
- Requests received 30 or more days before the event – you will receive 100% of the total event fee, less any non-refundable deposits.
- Requests received 15-29 days before the event – you will receive 50% of the total event fee, less any non-refundable deposits.
- Requests received within 14 days of the day of the event – No refund will be issued, except in the event of a documented medical reason (doctor’s note required), a death in the immediate family, or a natural disaster.
c. For events where you register as a unit, registrations are transferrable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for the activity.
3. For national events where our council is organizing groups to participate:
a. Deposits are non-refundable
b. All other fees will be refunded if:
- A replacement participant signs up
- Fees due to date are collected from the replacement participant
c. If no replacement participant is found:
- National event fees that are refundable will be refunded
- Other fees that have been collected and paid to vendors (example: tour operators) will be refunded if they are refundable from the vendor
4. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the applicable activity.
5. Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt in writing and made either by check or by credit card reversal, at the discretion of our council staff, to the original payer for individual registrations or the unit, in care of the reservation contact, for group reservations (Summer Camp, Winter Camp, etc).
6. If an activity is cancelled or postponed by our council or a district and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, the payer may ask for:
- a refund of the full fee, or
- a voucher for the full fee paid, which may be applied towards the cost of future events. Any voucher issued is to be used during the same calendar year for other events. The voucher must accompany the registration paperwork for the future activity.
Effective August 1, 2021