December 9, 2020, by Victor Rivera
Family Winter Fest 2020, What To Know
One quick update for this weekend’s Family Winter Fest 2020.
WALK – INS WELCOME…
If you missed registration you and your Scouts can still enjoy this event. See you there!
Original Post below
***Registration extended until 12 PM Friday, December 18, 2020.***
Excitement is building for the Longhorn Council Family Winter Fest 2020 happening on Saturday, December 19, 2020 with your choice of attending Camp Tahuaya or Camp Burnett from 10 AM – 4 PM.
What is it?
The Longhorn Council presents a Winter Wonderland for the whole family!
- Cub Scout Gingerbread Competition
- Troop Cobbler Cook-off
- Adult Chili Cook-off
Meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus, BB, Archery, Holiday Arts and Crafts, and more.
When is it?
Saturday, December 19, 2020 from 10 AM – 4 PM CT.
Location? (Pick one of the following locations)
2603 Tahuaya Dr
Belton, TX 76513
3301 N White Chapel Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
$15.00 Cub Scouts age 5 – 11 years-old
$5.00 Scouts BSA age 12 and older
How to register?
CUB SCOUT ACTIVITY WITH REQUIREMENTS FILLED:
Cub Scouts are asked to create a gingerbread house blueprint and enter a friendly competition.
Record your advancement activities in Scoutbook as a Parent
NOTE: Parents and Scouts can view and enter activities using the Scouting App. The Scouting app is a mobile device Scoutbook app that can be used by Scouts and parents whose units use Scoutbook. After the parent has been connected to their Scout in Scoutbook, they can log into the app with the same user ID and password they use for Scoutbook. To find it search for Scouting BSA in Google Play or iTunes Also see the article here.
- Choose an activity type from your youth’s profile. Service Hours, Camping or Hikes.
2. Click “Create or Join”.
3. Join a unit activity on a day outlined by a light-blue box or create a new personal activity any day. Note: Personal activities are not shared with other unit members.
4. When joining a unit activity, scroll to the bottom and enter your metrics. When creating a new activity, complete at least all of the required fields and then click “Create Activity”.
Required fields are marked with an *
- Service projects: Hours
- Campouts: Days, Nights, (optional) Frost Points
- Hikes: Miles, Lowest Point, Highest Point
5. Click “Join Activity”
6. The activity will remain in a “Pending Approval” status until it is approved by a unit leader.
Help us share the excitement with our Facebook events.
Click “going” from our LHC Facebook page with the corresponding event you will attend. Please click/tap to share the appropriate Facebook event below:
We will see you there.
Yours in Scouting Service,
Victor Rivera | Director of Marketing and Communications
Boy Scouts of America Longhorn Council
850 Cannon Drive | P.O. Box 54190
Hurst, Texas 76054-3191
P 817-231-8500 | F 817-231-8600
Comments are closed.