April 4, 2019
YPT In-Person Class
BSA Adult Requirement: take YPT2
All BSA registered adults are required to take the new YPT2 Youth Protection Training by October 1, 2018. Click here to login and take Youth Protection training online at my.scouting.org. You do not have to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to take Youth Protection training.
State of Texas Requirements
The new BSA YPT2 online course is now approved by the state for certifying adults at summer camps and day camps in the state of Texas. The State of Texas requires all adults (18+) attending day camps, resident camps, and summer camps to take a YPT course that is approved by the state Department of State Health Services. YPT cards from Texas-approved YPT Courses are good for 2 years for attending Texas Youth Camps.
Which courses are approved by the state for adults at youth camps? (Note that the state requirement applies only to adults attending summer camps and day camps in the state of Texas and does NOT apply to unit weekend camping.)
- YPT2 Online course.
- YPT2 Classroom course. (Available selectively through the council Training Committee)
- 2011-2017 Classroom course. (The previous course.)
- Certification cards received for passing the old state approved 2011-2017 BSA YPT classroom course are still good for two years from the date of the class. (Cards from last year are still good.)
- That course material is older, but still meets the requirements of state law, which didn’t change.
Click here to find classroom YPT classes.
The state-approved YPT Course requirement applies ONLY to adults (18+) attending or staffing the following:
- Cub Scout Day Camp
- Cub Scout Resident Camp
- Summer Camps and week-long camps in Texas, including Camp Tahuaya, Worth Ranch, and Sid Richardson Scout Ranch (SR2)
- In-state High Adventure camps, like our Texas High Adventure Base: Chisholm Trail Adventure, Wakeboarding, Brazos River Canoe Trip
About the NEW BSA Online YPT2 Course
You do not have to be a registered member or have a member ID to take Youth Protection training. To take Youth Protection training go to my.scouting.org and create an account. (If you do not have a My.Scouting account, you can create one.)
The course takes 1 to 1.5 hours to complete. Anyone is welcome to take the course. If you are a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, be sure to have your BSA Person ID number ready at your fingertips before you start the course. Anyone who completes the course and the test will have an opportunity to print a “YPT card.”
|April 4, 2019||Churchof Jesus Christ of LDS||6:30 pm-8:30 pm||Register|
|May 2, 2019||Churchof Jesus Christ of LDS||6:30 pm-8:30 pm||Register|
|June 1, 2019||Joy Fellowship Church||10:00 am-12:00 pm||Register|
|June 6, 2019||Churchof Jesus Christ of LDS||6:30 pm-8:30 pm||Register|
|November 2, 2019||Joy Fellowship Church, 1901 Industrial Blvd., Colleyville, TX 76034. Suite 100 (First Floor)||10:00 am-12:00 pm||Register|
|December 3, 2019||Joy Fellowship Church||7:00 pm-9:00 pm||Register|