October 26, 2019
Venturing Crew Advisor Position-Specific Training
This course provides Venturing Crew Advisors and Assistant Advisors with the basic information they need to help youth leaders manage a Crew. Topics covered include working with youth leadership and how to run an effective Crew.
- the nature of the Venturing program and its value to youth.
- the specifics of the Venturing program.
- the relationship between crew officers and Advisors.
- the challenges of working with youth and young adults.
- the Venturing recognition opportunities.
- the annual program planning process
Developed for Venturing Advisors, Associate Advisors, and Crew Committee Members, this training incorporates Venturing’s current adult leader training.
This is an “in-person” instructor-led course. The training is now also available online at https://my.scouting.org/. Classroom training allows a more personal interaction and opportunities to ask questions.
Crew Advisors who complete this course, Introduction to Outdoor Leader Specific Training (IOLS), and the Venturing Youth Protection training are considered “trained.”