March 1, 2019
TPWD Hunting 101 – Outdoor Survival Education
Wilderness / Outdoor Survival – Advanced Workshop
Hunter Education Hunting 101 *OPTIONAL* – 03/01/2019 – Class #355380
A three day Hunting 101 course from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Mar 1: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Mar 2: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 PM
- Mar 3: 08:00 a.m. – 02:00 PM
This workshop will challenge each participant! Learn and implement outdoor skills including wilderness first aid, shelter building, fire starting, food gathering, kit construction and many other necessary wilderness survival skills. (Note that some parts of this class can be used to meet requirements of the Wilderness Survival Merit Badge.)
- Participants meet Friday February 24th at Worth Ranch in Roeser Hall at 12:00 noon.
- Camping is available at COKE Campsite. There aree no shower facilities available in the winter.
- Saturday combines classroom and outdoor activities, so dress appropriately. We will be outside, rain, sleet, snow or sunshine!
- Lodging Saturday night will be in your constructed shelter! The workshop concludes early afternoon Sunday.
- Breakfast (Saturday and Sunday) and Saturday’s lunch will be provided by TPWD.
- Saturday’s supper will be harvested for you to process, cook and enjoy!
- Participation is limited to 25.
For information contact Randy Spradlin at (512) 923-3509 or [email protected].
About the Course
Hunting & Shooting Sports 101 courses including, but are not limited to, Deer, Turkey, Hog, Waterfowl, Dove, Upland Game, Small Game, Western Big Game, Bow Hunting, Black Powder, Crossbows, Basic Firearm, Sporting Clays, Big Bore Rifle, Handgun, Silhouettes, 3-Gun, Trapper Education and Outdoor Survival. These 3-to-8 hour, hands-on seminars and workshops are designed for family members of all ages to learn more about the animals hunted, tools used in hunting and the shooting sports, and where to go in Texas to enjoy these activities.
NOTE: Advanced courses do NOT issue the required hunter education certification. However, some advanced courses, such as bow hunter education, may issue separate certifications.
Be sure to verify that the class you are registering for is the Hunting 101 Optional Course.
You may also contact your local Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or call TPWD Austin headquarters at 1-800-792-1112, ext. 4999.
|March 1, 2019||March 3, 2019||Worth Ranch, Roeser Hall||12:00pm-2:00pm||Register|