December 26, 2019
Mountain Man Rendezvous
December 26-28, 2019
Registration fee is $35 per person. ($45 AFTER NOVEMBER 15) No meals are provided.
We will begin accepting Golden Passport project proposals on September 10th, so get with your team and start planning it now.
For a unit to qualify for the Golden Passport they must meet the following criteria:
- Have participated in at least one service or conservation project prior to the Rendezvous. Email the Booshway or the Segundo for approval and include your unit number, youth leader name/phone/email, project plan, location, beneficiary, and estimated time to complete.
- Minimum of 6 hours per Person per Unit for service/conservation project
- Documentation that the project has been completed (Letter from organization, picture book with work shown, etc.)
- Have been registered for this Rendezvous event prior to November 15th.
- Email verification of the completed criteria to the Booshway and the Segundo along with the total number of hours it took to complete.
The Golden Passport advantages are:
- Early check in time
- Early times for starting activities
- Scheduled times for the Climbing / Rappelling* and Black Powder events- only Golden Passport units will be guaranteed to participate in these events, the most awesome events of the Rendezvous.
- Allows you to skip to the front of long lines
*Climbing / Rappelling scheduling: We expect all available slots for the Climbing / Rappelling event to be filled. This means that many units will not be able to participate in this activity. The units who qualify for the Golden Passport will be guaranteed a time to both Climb and Rappel from the Mountain. Those units not earning the Golden Passport will be able to participate in this event only if slots are not filled with Golden Passport units based on time of registration at the event.
Does not guarantee primitive camping.
2019 KNIFE WORKSHOPS
Registration for the Knife Workshops is TBA.
November 2 8AM-4PM – tentative
November 16 8AM-4PM – tentative
There will only be two days this year for workshops. These are first registered first served events. We only have slots for 150 participants each day, so make sure you register early.
Kits will be $15 if pre-registered, or $20 at the door.
WE ARE IN NEED OF ANTLERS! If you have or know of anyone who has access to antlers, we are gathering them for knife handles. These donations help keep the cost of the knife kits down. Please contact Daren Perkins if you can help.
It’s time to work on your regalia!
A great resource for regalia ideas is here: http://www.varsityrendezvous.com/pdf/clothing.pdf
Thrift stores are a great place to find treasures.
- A leather skirt can become several possibles bags or part of a leather vest or jacket.
- Wool blankets become capotes.
- Old pairs of khaki pants become regalia pants.
- old leather boots…etc You never know what you’ll find, you just need to be able to envision it as something new for your regalia.
If your unit is planning on Primitive Camping here are the rules:
- Tents, gear and clothing MUST simulate an early 1800’s mountain man campsite.
- ALL modern things must be hidden under blankets or canvas covers, or cleverly disguised.
- Horseless carriages are permitted for a fast unload then they MUST go to the parking corral for the remainder of the Rendezvous.
- When it is lights out you MUST go to bed. Violators may be told to move out of the area the next morning.
- You MUST be pre-approved by the Tercero. Teams MUST send camping request and pictures of your campsite to Tercero@woodbadge.org at least one week BEFORE MMR. (DECEMBER 19)
- You may ONLY camp where Tercero tells you to camp. You will have to pull up stakes if you setup in the wrong place!!
Campin’ in the Period Camp Area puts you near the activities which means: less walking, closer for meal breaks, better sleeping conditions and you are closer to the MMR Staff!
Summer is a great time to work on you primitive camping gear. Harbor Freight often puts their canvas dropcloths on sale… they make great tents with a little effort.
Schedule of Upcoming Events
Below are the planned dates to help everyone get ready for the Rendezvous.
September 5 – Participant Registration opens
September 10 – Begin accepting Golden Passport project proposals
September 15 – Knife Workshop Registration opens
November 2 – Alliance / Colleyville host Knife Workshop (all day) – tentative
November 9 – Council Camporee Knife and Hawk display and ranges
November 16 – Carrollton/Lewisville host Knife Workshop (all day) – tentative
November 15th – Begin Late registration fee for staff & Participants
December 1 – Golden Passport projects completed and reported on
December 15 – Registration Closes
December 20 – Primitive Camp Applications due
December 26-28 – MMR 2019
|December 26, 2019||December 28, 2019||SR2||10:00 am-9:00 pm||Register|