March 14, 2020
Leave No Trace Trainer Course
This 16-hour, overnight course trains interested Scouts (ages 14 and up) and Scouters to serve as Leave No Trace Trainers. Trainers are the backbone of Scouting’s outdoor ethics program, providing instruction to individuals and units wishing to adopt cutting-edge outdoor ethics into their unit programs. Trainers are specially commissioned to teach the BSA Leave No Trace 101 Course and to qualify individuals for the BSA Leave No Trace Awareness Card. Each BSA Trainer course is taught by a recognized Leave No Trace Master Educator, so your Trainer standing is recognized nationally by BSA’s partner agency, the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.
- Training on the 7 Principles of Leave No Trace.
- Course provides environmental theory and practical outdoor guidelines for minimizing impacts in both front country and backcountry venues.
- Graduates will earn national recognition as LNT Trainers with The Center for Outdoor Ethics.
- Graduates will be prepared to guide Scouts through Outdoor Ethics-related rank requirements as well as oversee qualifying activities for the Outdoor Ethics Awareness Award.
- Training will satisfy requirements for the Outdoor Ethics Action Award (scouts & scouters) and the National Medal for Outdoor Achievement (scouts).
Participants will be expected to give a 10-minute assigned presentation during the course.
Participants will receive an e-mail with course details once registration confirmation is received.
Class enrollment is limited. Cancellations made within a week from the course start date are not eligible for a refund.
$45 fee includes food, camp facilities and all training materials.
|March 14, 2020||March 15, 2020||SR2 Camp 10||9:00am-1:00pm||Register|