January 12, 2019
Cub Scout Trout-O-Rees
Two Trout events are offered each weekend: (1) fish on Saturday OR (2) fish on Sunday morning. Each December the lake at Camp Tahuaya is stocked with a truckload of Rainbow Trout from Missouri. For 2018 we are doubling the size of Camp Tahuaya’s annual end of December trout stocking. Cub Scouts and parents catch and keep up to 6 Trout per person (12 Trout per parent/youth team). Cub Scouts enjoy a day of fishing with a parent, Trout-O-Ree patch, Prizes, lunch, fishing education programs.
NOTE: Please make sure your group brings #10 OR smaller hooks. Recommended casting rigs are light 6′ or longer fishing rods rated for 4 LB to 10 LB line (2kg to 5kg) and loaded with 4 LB–5 LB test line. Shorter rods are harder to learn to cast. Bring several colors of PowerBait and #14 or #16 treble hook sizes.
- Scroll down or click here to register online.
- Click here for the PDF form.
- Click here to download the full 2018-2019 Cub Scout Program Calendar.
Cub Scout Fishing Work Shop – Sat. only. NEW!
To earn requirements for the Cub Scout Fishing Belt Loop / Pin. Classes will be in hour sessions starting at 9am till 3pm. Sign up sheet will be available during the day for a time schedule. Certificates of requirements completed are handed out at end of day at the campfire to take back to your Den leaders for approval. Belt Loops and Pens are not furnished. The Fishing Belt Loop & Pin is for Cub Scouts and Webelos. Webelos who are working the Sportsman Activity Pen can earn part of requirement #3.
Fishing Work Shop will include regulations & rules, outdoor code, bait a hook, catching a fish, cleaning a fish, fish habitats, types of fishing reels, tying fishing fly lures, casting 30ft, draw a fish, replace line on a reel, make a pole and line rig, artificial bait & lures. Also there will be many fishing stories told.
- Top Trout Catches
- 1st Place Team
- 2nd Place Team
- 1st Place Individual Cub
- 2nd Place Individual Cub
- Largest Trout
- Smallest Trout
- Largest Fish of Other Species: Bluegill, Catfish, Largemouth Bass.
- Funniest Catch – from the lake: shoes, watches, glasses, etc
- Prize for the Largest bag of trash – from lake & woods ONLY
WHAT TO BRING:
- 6′ or longer light Fishing rods and reels rated for 4-10 LB line and loaded with 4 lb–5 lb test line
Tackle: # 10 or smaller hooks, small lead sinkers, bobbers, etc.)
- Bait: Powerbait (various colors, size #14 or #16), corn, etc.
- Scissors or pocket knife, needle nose pliers, cleaning knife
- Fish Stringer, Cooler & ice
- Click here to download the full 2018-2019 Cub Scout Program Calendar..
|January 12, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-4:00 pm||Register|
|January 13, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-2:00 pm||Register|
|January 19, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-4:00 pm||Register|
|January 20, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-2:00 pm||Register|
|February 23, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-4:00 pm||Register|
|February 24, 2019||Camp Tahuaya||6:00 am-2:00 pm||Register|