April 17, 2021
Brazos River Canoe Races
The races have modified the race with Covid-19 Safety Protocols!
Boats, equipment, & awards provided. Open to Scouts, Venturers, Explorers, and adults. All must be swimmers. Camping is open all weekend – one unit per campsite. No meals this year
Units must report to the check-in station upon arrival and undergo temperature screening along with the health screening questions for every participant. Covid-19 paperwork (“Health Screening questionnaire” and “BSA Acknowledgement of Risk” form), must be turned in upon arrival.
- We are limiting the number of participants who can register for each race weekend to 275.
- We will stretch the race out over four or five hours of start times in order to avoid crowding at check-in, at the Boat and Equipment checkout area, at the put in to begin the race, on the river, and at the take out as they come off the river.
- We will have Arrival Screeners and dedicated Sanitizing staff.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of high touch items and facilities like bathrooms and showers will take place several times each day.
- Bathrooms and shower facilities will be fogged with a bleach solution.
- A limited # of kayaks will be available. Personal kayaks and canoes are still allowed.
- Covid-19 paperwork must be turned in for EACH PERSON on arrival at the Ranger Station:
- “Health Screening Questionnaire”
- “BSA Acknowledgement of Risk” form.
Scroll down to: register for Canoe Races.
6:30 a.m.–7:00 a.m. Check-in for 14-Mile race at Dining Hall. Pick up driving directions maps, race number, and Race Wristbands.
7:00 a.m.–9:00 a.m. Check-in for 6-Mile race at Dining Hall. Pick up driving directions maps, race number, and Race Wristbands
8:00 a.m. 14-Mile race – boat and gear checkout. The ranger will check to make sure you have 4 liters of water each
8:30 a.m. 14-Mile race start
9:00 a.m. Boat and Gear checkout starts at WR put-in
9:30 a.m.–12:30 PM 6-Mile Race starts (Assigned times)
4:30 PM 6-Mile and 14- Mile river races end
7:30 PM Awards at campfire