September 17, 2021
Brazos River Canoe Races
Spend a day on the Brazos River at Worth Ranch!
Parent and Youth Teams are Welcome.
Open to Scouts, Venture’s, Explorers, and adults. All must be swimmers. Camping is open all weekend.
Boats, equipment, and awards are provided. Meals and apparel are available to purchase.
Units must report to the check-in station upon arrival and undergo temperature screening along with the health screening questions for every participant. Covid-19 paperwork (“Health Screening questionnaire” and “BSA Acknowledgement of Risk” form), must be turned in upon arrival, either Friday night or Saturday morning.
- We are limiting the number of participants who can register for the race weekend to 270.
- Due to our Covid-19 policy, we have a limited amount of campsites (16) available for units. They will be first come first serve, selections will be based on unit size and recommendation.
- All units will pre-register and pick their own ARRIVAL TIME, RACE CHECK-IN TIME, and BOAT PICKUP / START TIME.
- Start times will be spaced in order to prevent crowds and allow units to easily follow social distancing guidelines with respect to other groups.
- We will stretch the race out over four or five hours of start times in order to avoid crowding at check-in, at the Boat and Equipment checkout area, at the put in to begin the race, on the river, and at the take out as they come off the river.
- Units will need to fill out their Canoe Race BOAT Information Forms and send them in prior to arriving at camp.
- We will have Arrival Screeners and dedicated Sanitizing staff.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of high touch items and facilities like bathrooms and showers will take place several times each day
- A limited # of kayaks will be available.
- Personal kayaks and canoes are still allowed.
- Awards will be calculated and times posted in the dining hall and online. Awards will be presented at evening campfire at the council ring.
- Covid-19 paperwork must be turned in for EACH PERSON on arrival at the Ranger Station:
- “Health Screening Questionnaire”
- “BSA Acknowledgement of Risk” form.
7:30 a.m.–8:00 a.m. Check-in for 14-Mile race at Dining Hall. Pick up driving directions maps, race number, and Wristbands.
8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. Check-in for 6-Mile race at Dining Hall. Pick up driving directions maps, race number, and Race Wristbands
9:00 a.m. 14-Mile race – boat and gear checkout. The ranger will check to make sure you have 4 liters of water each
9:30 a.m. 14-Mile race start
9:00 a.m. Boat and Gear checkout starts at WR put-in
9:30 a.m.–11:30 AM 6-Mile Race starts (Assigned times)
4:30 PM 6-Mile and 14- Mile river races end
7:30 PM Awards at council ring
We have additional items that you can purchase when you make your reservation.
Stickers $2, T-shirts $10-$18 (depends on sizes), Hoodies $23-$34 (depends on sizes) and Hats $14.50
|September 17, 2021||September 19, 2021||Worth Ranch||8:00am-5:00pm||Register|