Knights, Castles, and Dragons Day Camp
Cub Scout Day Camp 2020
A week of outdoor adventures and fun for Cub Scouts & parents with all your favorite Cub Scout Activities BB guns, archery, hiking, crafts, games, outdoor skills, fossils, bugs, critters, advancement, & more!
- As of March 26, all summer camps and programs will continue as planned for 2020. We are still accepting reservations. As we receive new guidance from our public health leaders we will update as necessary our event, camp, and training calendars and our recommendations to units. Click here for our COVID-19 Postponement, Cancellation, and Refund Policies.
Use your phone, tablet or computer to register. Click here for locations and dates.
Cub Scout day camps are organized by the Longhorn Council BSA and conducted by volunteers from the local area. Day camps are for Cub Scouts (and siblings) entering the 1st-5th grades the following school year. Youth entering the 1st grade must be accompanied by an ‘adult partner’ during their participation at Day Camp.
Day camps are conducted by adult volunteer leadership who are trained and certified at one of the BSA’s National Camping Schools. Adult volunteers make up the nucleus of the day camp staff by leading specific programs or managing a den of Cub Scouts throughout their time at camp. Day camps are also supported by youth staff members and Boy Scouts serving as Den Chiefs and assisting the Cub Scouts throughout the camp.
Click here for 2020 DAY CAMP locations and dates.
Or call your district executive to find the Cub Scout Day Camps in your area.
2019 Cub Scout Early Registration Fee is $105.00*. Late Registration Fee is $125.00. Your fee includes Day Camp t-shirt, patch, cap, water bottle, all program supplies and materials. A limited number of camperships are available. A few camps charge an additional site fee (from $2 to $26) to cover fees charged by the camp’s host facility.
- Adult staff and chaperones volunteering every day: No registration fee, includes a t-shirt.
- Adult staff and chaperones not volunteering every day: registration fee is $9, includes a t-shirt
- Youth staff: registration fee is $9, includes a t-shirt.
- Tot lot participants: registration fee is $20 for program supplies.
Use your phone, tablet or computer to REGISTER ONLINE.
- Early registration ends 3 weeks before each camp starts, usually at midnight on Monday.
- Late registration begins at midnight on Monday 3 weeks before each camp starts and ends at midnight on Monday 1 week before each camp starts.
- After Monday 1 week before a camp starts, you must call the Day Camp Director.
Note: anyone can buy extra T-shirts! All Camp T-shirts must be ordered at least one week before your day camp begins.
- Day Camp participants (Cub Scouts & AHG) have a $105 On Time registration fee and get 1 discounted (free) Camp shirt.
- Adult Staff & Chaperones volunteering every day have a $0 On Time registration fee and get 1 discounted (free) Camp shirt
- Adult Staff & Chaperones NOT volunteering every day have a $9 On Time registration fee and get 1 discounted (free) Camp shirt.
- Youth Staff have a $9 On Time registration fee and get 1 discounted (free) Camp shirt.
- Tot Lot participants have a $20 on time registration fee (for program supplies) and do not get a discounted Camp shirt. Extra T-shirts can be purchased.
**Note that in our new system, the first shirt that participants, staff, chaperones, and youth staff receive is called a “discounted item.”
- All youth registered On Time for day camp will receive a Day Camp Hat and Patch for free.
Youth Protection Training Required.
If you are volunteering at Day Camp, you are required by Texas law to take YPT 2 course BEFORE you are allowed to participate.
Register online for BB and Archery Training for Day Camp Volunteers.
DAY CAMP & City/Town:
Dates and Times
|Leon Valley (Killeen)|| June 1-5
3 PM-8 PM
|Central Texas College, 6200 E. Central TX X-way, Killeen, TX|
|Mustang (Keller)|| June 8-12
|Mike Carruthers||Christ Haven, 4200 Keller Haslet rd, Keller TX 76244|
|Roadrunner & Lakeview & Trailblazer (Euless)||June 15-19
|Green Valley Park, 7701 Smithfield Rd, North Richland Hills, TX 76182|
|Indian Nations (Waco)|| June 1-5
|Baylor University, Eastland Lakes, 406 Eastland Lake Dr, Waco, TX 76706|
|Topsanah & Tonkawa
(Flower Mound, Lewisville)
| June 8-11
|Troop 771 Scout Barn,|
|Chisholm Trail (Temple)||June 8-12
|Bend of the River, 7915 S. General Bruce Dr., Temple, 76052|
|Frontier Trails (Denton)|| June 1-5
|Hills and Hollows, 3945 Roselawn, Denton, TX|
|Brazos Valley (Weatherford)||June 8-12
|Cross Timbers (Kennedale)||June 8-12
|Trinity UMC 1200 W Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX|
|Santa Fe (Cleburne)||June 15-19
|Chisholm Trail Museum, 101 Chisholm Trail, Cleburne, TX 76033|
|Tejas (Kennedale)||June 8-12
263 S New Hope Rd, Kennedale, TX
Use your phone, tablet or computer to REGISTER ONLINE HERE – Coming Soon.
Last Updated on by Jeff Peters