Cub Scout Day Camp
Cub Scout Day Camp 2022
A week of outdoor adventures and fun for Cub Scouts & parents with all your favorite Cub Scout Activities BB guns, archery, hiking, crafts, games, outdoor skills, fossils, bugs, critters, advancement, & more!
Cub Scout day camps are organized by the Longhorn Council BSA and conducted by volunteers from the local area. Day camps are for Cub Scouts (and siblings) entering the 1st-5th grades the following school year. Youth entering the 1st grade must be accompanied by an ‘adult partner’ during their participation at Day Camp.
Day camps are conducted by adult volunteer leadership who are trained and certified at one of the BSA’s National Camping Schools. Adult volunteers make up the nucleus of the day camp staff by leading specific programs or managing a den of Cub Scouts throughout their time at camp. Day camps are also supported by youth staff members and Scouts BSA serving as Den Chiefs and assisting the Cub Scouts throughout the camp.
Or call your district executive to find the Cub Scout Day Camps in your area.
Everyone registered for Day Camp – Cub Scouts, Youth Staff, and Adults – gets a Day Camp T-shirt (except Tot Lot).
- Cub Scout Early Registration Fee is $105.00*. Full Registration Fee is $125.00.
- Adult staff and chaperones volunteering every day: No registration fee.
- Adult staff and chaperones not volunteering every day: registration fee is $9.
- Youth staff: registration fee is $9.
- Tot lot participants: registration fee is $20 for program supplies.
Cub Scout fee includes Day Camp t-shirt, patch, cap, water bottle, all program supplies and materials. A limited number of camperships are available. A few camps charge an additional site fee (from $2 to $26) to cover fees charged by the camp’s host facility.
- Early registration ends 3 weeks before each camp starts.
- Late registration begins at midnight 3 weeks before each camp starts and ends at midnight 1 week before each camp starts.
- If you register within 1 week of camp starting, you must call the Day Camp Director for admission at their discretion.
Who Gets a Day Camp T-Shirt?
Everyone registered for Day Camp: Cub Scouts, Youth Staff, and Adults, (except Tot Lot).
One (1) T-shirt is automatically included with every day camp registration for youth campers , adults, and youth staff. You can also buy EXTRA T-shirts. Day Camp T-shirts must be ordered at least 10 days before your day camp begins in order to be received on-time. Please complete your registrations before that!
NOTE: Tot Lot participants do not get a Day Camp shirt.
- All youth registered On Time for day camp will receive a Day Camp Hat and Patch for free, (except Tot Lot).
Youth Protection Training Required.
If you are volunteering at Day Camp, you are required by Texas law to take YPT 2 course BEFORE you are allowed to participate.
Register online for BB and Archery Training for Day Camp Volunteers.