September 9, 2017
Venturing Advisor Basic Training
Venturing Advisor Position-Specific Training
This course provides Venturing Crew Advisors with the basic information they need to help youth leaders manage a Crew. Topics covered include working with youth leadership and how to run an effective Crew.
- the nature of the Venturing program and its value to youth.
- the specifics of the Venturing program.
- the relationship between crew officers and Advisors.
- the challenges of working with youth and young adults.
- the Venturing recognition opportunities.
- the annual program planning process
Developed for Venturing Advisors, Associate Advisors, and Crew Committee Members, this training incorporates Venturing’s current adult leader training.
This is an “in-person” instructor-led course.
Crew Advisors who complete this course, Introduction to Outdoor Leader Specific Training (IOLS), and the Venturing Youth Protection training are considered “trained.”
|September 9, 2017||LDS Church, Fort Worth||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Register|