October 2, 2015
Leave No Trace Master Educator Course
This five-day, five-night (split-weekend) course trains interested Scouters, ages 18 and up, to serve as Leave No Trace Master Educators. Master Educators work with their council’s Outdoor Ethics Advocates to provide Leave No Trace Trainer, BSA Leave No Trace 101 and outdoor ethics awareness courses. Each BSA Master Educator course is taught by a set of nationally-designated Master Educator Instructors, so your Master Educator standing is recognized nationally with the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.
Two Weekend Course:
- Friday, October 2nd, 7PM – Sunday, October 4, 1PM at Camp Tahuaya in Belton, TX
- Thursday, October 15, 6PM) – Sunday, October 18, 2PM at Camp Tahuaya in Belton, TX
- Leave No Trace Trainer, or,
- Approval from Council Outdoor Ethics Advocate.
- Participants should have an understanding of basic Hiking and Camping skills.
“The Boy Scouts of America has adopted the principles of Leave No Trace, which are easy to learn and apply. Every outing and activity should be conducted with Leave No Trace in mind. As young people mature, we will enjoy an increasingly beautiful environment because of the impact of their training in Leave No Trace. As members of the Boy Scouts of America, we should be good stewards of our environment through knowledgeable use of resources. … We all must take responsibility for our decisions when we use the outdoors, and we should treat the environment with respect so future generations can enjoy the outdoors as we do today.”
– Teaching Leave No Trace (BSA No. 21-117)
Registration deadline for the course is September 4, 2015.
Course size is limited to the first 12 fully paid registrations.