Training is an important tool that helps you make the Scouting program more fun, more effective, and more rewarding for your youth, for your adults, and for YOU! Check out the many training courses are offered to Scouts and Scouters by the Longhorn Council Training Committee, other committees, and by BSA at the famous Philmont Training Center in New Mexico.
Click here for: Map of the Longhorn Council's Districts
BALOO TRAINING NOTE: with the exception of family camping at Council events, ALL Pack Family Camping requires one adult certified in BALOO, the Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. Camp Rangers cannot allow a Pack to camp without a BALOO certified leader onsite. Rangers cannot give any exceptions to this BSA policy.
YPT NOTE: Youth Protection Training cards are now good for two years. Click here for an Outline of Youth Protection Training Requirements
Troop Committee Training: Now available on the web through the BSA Online Learning Center!
Wood Badge News Flash: Graduates of Wood Badge courses prior to the 21st Century Wood Badge are now eligible to participate in the new course!
- Cub Scout Leader Fast Start
- Boy Scout Leader Fast Start
- Venturing Crew Advisor Fast Start
- Varsity Leader Fast Start
- Unit Commissioner Fast Start
- Venturing Crew Orientation
- This is Scouting (New Leader Essentials)
- Youth Protection Training
- Venturing Youth Protection Training
- Generational Diversity Training
- Den Chief Training
- Staffing the District Committee
- Scout Parents Unit Coordinator
- Troop Committee Challenge
- Climb On safely
- Hazardous Weather Training
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Trek Safely
Click here for Philmont Training Center Courses