· The Committee represents Longhorn Council for International Scouting Programs. The Committee communicates International Scouting information and opportunities. The Committee provides programs and information for the Council through Displays, Presentations, and Exhibits.
· Longhorn Council International Treks
-Kandersteg 2014: Longhorn Trek
-Kandersteg International Scout Centre (KISC) in Switzerland
Celebrating its 90th anniversary
Contact Rob Moran (email@example.com) for information and trip planning
-Japan 2015: World Jamboree
· North Texas International Activities
-Annual Jamboree On the Air/Internet: October
-International Spirit Award: Any Time
· International Opportunities for Scouts
-International Spirit Award
-Jamboree on the Air & Jamboree on the Internet
-International Camp Staff Program
-European Camp Staff Program
-International Youth Exchange
-National Jamborees of Other Countries
Contact: Ed Richards, PhD, 817-992-2730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Your 2013 Longhorn Council International Committee Members:
-Frank Shiels (Chairman) – email@example.com
-David Ball – firstname.lastname@example.org
-John Cuccaro – email@example.com
-Carll Martinez -- firstname.lastname@example.org
-Rob Moran – email@example.com
-Ellie Morrison – firstname.lastname@example.org
-Ed Richards – email@example.com
International Scouting Awards
· International Spirit Award
-A Special Recognition that can be Earned by Scouts of All Ages, Including Adults.
-Requirements vary by rank, but can include:
-Earn the Boy Scout or Venturing World Conservation Award.
-Earn the Citizenship in the World Merit Badge.
-Participate in Jamboree-on-the-Air or Jamboree-on-the-Internet.
-Complete three of the 10 Experience Requirements.
· World Conservation Award
-Scouts are eligible to receive the World Conservation Award after completing the requirements for the following Merit Badges: Environmental Science, Citizenship in the World, and either Soil and Water Conservation or Fish and Wildlife Management.
· Interpreter Strip
-A Scout wearing the interpreter strip must be able to carry on a conversation in a foreign language or in sign language, write a letter in the foreign language, and translate orally and in writing from one language to another.